We’ve all heard the saying, “New Year, new me.” This year I really want to take this saying to heart, and try to change myself for the better. I want to improve all the aspects of my life that I’m not 100% happy with right now. That being said, here are my resolutions for the upcoming year.
- My first resolution is to eat healthier. I want to try eating only green foods for at least a week and see what happens. I also want to try going sugar free for a while. I think one of the easiest things I can do to stay healthy is to cut out all sugary drinks. In 2015 I want to try to drink only water, instead of any sugary substitute.
- The second resolution I have, would have to be to stop biting my nails. It’s a nervous habit I have, but it’s definitely not good. I want to try to leave this bad habit in 2014, so that I have healthy nails in the upcoming months.
- Another big thing I want to change in my life is procrastination. It’s funny that I say this is one of my resolutions, because by writing out this blog post I’m procrastinating doing my homework. In the next year, I really wanna get it together, and stop doing everything last minute.
- Resolution number four is to be able to run a mile in under 8 minutes. I know this will take a lot of practice because right now my time is nowhere close to that, but I know that if I try hard enough it’ll happen eventually.
- My last resolution for 2015 is to be more adventurous. I’ll try my best to be more social, and talk to new people, and just try new things in general. Maybe when I try something new, I’ll realize I really like it. I just want 2015 to be a new year, full of new and exciting experiences.
– Sophia ♥
New Years Eve resolutions are something that have never sat correctly with me, the very idea of them feel like an empty promise. I’m a firm believer of living in the moment, if you want to change then start now, don’t say in the upcoming year, or starting tomorrow, start today. Therefore, why can people only make changes this night of the year? That being said, if I were to pick out something that I have been working on, and hope to keep working on in the next year, I would say I want to achieve happiness. In life it becomes very easy to get caught up in spending hours online, or in planning things, and then I don’t achieve what I want. Overall, I plan to dedicate more of my time to what I want to do, which I hope to continue to share with you beautiful people via this blog. I also want to write a lot more. Eating healthy, and being healthy is another thing I want to keep in the forefront of my mind. In being healthy I want to remove toxic people as well.
In this upcoming year I have a wish for all of you as well:
I truly hope you carry out your New Years resolution this year, but more so then that I have a bigger wish for you in 2015. I hope you achieve such immense happiness and fulfillment that you simply forget your bad habits instead of putting energy into quitting them. I hope you surround yourself with people who’s veins are filled with the same stardust as yours, and I hope you are loved and respected. I hope your favorite piece of clothing gets worn to too many events so you can have the memories in the threads. I want you to reach new heights, whether it’s on mountain tops or brushing the stars on rooftops. Accept what life has for you, have faith, believe, pour yourself into dreams, and go after big beautiful things. It’s a life, and you’re alive, so please live the life you imagine at night.